About the Library
- Narberth Community Library is an independent library supported by the Borough of Narberth, your donations, community organizations and businesses. We are here to provide you with pleasure reading, audiobooks, videos, reference materials and a wide range of information services. The Library was founded in 1921 by a member of the Women's Community Club of Narberth, and moved into its present quarters in 1926. The Children's Room was added during the early 1950s. A renovation and expansion project, begun in 2006, is now completed. Some of our original books are still included in over 29,400 items in the Library's collection.
The Library Board meets the fourth Tuesday of every month, except August, at 7pm at the Narberth Borough Hall.
- Library Catalog
- Log onto the Library's website any time of the day or night and search for books, videos, audiobooks, periodicals.
- We have bestsellers, fiction, mysteries, science fiction, biographies, nonfiction titles, paperbacks, periodicals, audiobooks (both cassette and CD format), videos (Blu-ray & DVDs), museum passes, energy usage meters, graphic novels and manga for adults, teens & kids.
- Indoor Yard Sale
- We have an indoor yard sale, or sorts, every day. Assortments of items that we feel you might have a use for. This can range from water bottles to Video Games. Be sure to check it out next time you are here.
- Loan Periods
- All books (including audio books) have a three week loan period. Magazines and
videos (Blu-ray & DVDs) have a one week loan period.
- Adult items are $.25 per day to a maximum of $10.00. Juvenile items are $.15 per day to a maximum of $5.00. Videos are $1.00 a day to a maximum of $10.00.
- 24/7 LIBRARY
- The POWER Library Program (Pennsylvania Online World of Resources) is available online either from within the Library or from your home computer. This resource provides online reference materials, periodicals and a photo library.
In addition to POWER Library, we offer online classes through Universal Class and Mango languages as well as, World Book Online and downloadable audio and eBooks through OverDrive.
- Library Cards
- If you reside in the Borough of Narberth or pay property taxes in the Borough, Narberth Community Library is your home library. We participate in the Access PA library card program and will accept all Access PA cards. Your card is valid for 1 year; if lost, we will issue you a new card for a $2.00 fee.
- Internet Access
- Internet access is available at the Library. You must check in at the Circulation Desk and follow the Internet Usage Policy. The Library also has wireless access for your laptop computer 24 hours a day. You will need your Library barcode and a password.
- Patron Accounts
- You may access your library account from your home computer using the barcode numbers found on your library card and a password (set up on a visit to the Library or through the web catalog). You may check the items you have with their due dates, renew those items, and reserve materials you would like to read, view or listen to. You may also request to have email notification of reserve materials.
- Reserving Library Materials
- Books, audiobooks, and videos may be reserved, free of charge, either from within the library, by telephone, or by computer through "My Account" on the left navigation bar.
- Brad Ver Ploeg (Director)
- Betty Kennedy (Head Circulation Assistant)
- Mackenzie Cooke (Circulation Assistant)
- Trinia King-Jones (Circulation Assistant)
- Alexandra Lee (Circulation Assistant)
- Andrew Pelberg (Circulation Assistant)
- Julie Schoenhard (Children's Services and Circulation)
Library Board of Trustees
- Linda Waddell (President)
- David Berdow (Vice President)
- Ken Krivitzky (Treasurer)
- Ellen Trachtenberg (Secretary)
- Dana Careless
- Andrew Haakenson
- Nancy Lotz
- Dianne Moore
- William Severson
Harold Shalon (Board Member Emeritus)
Kenneth LeDonne (Board Member Emeritus)